Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Packing figs?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Dokujitsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2004
    Posts
    206
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I need some advice or tips on how to pack up figures. Mainly loose.

    All help is appreciated!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sculpey's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    8,165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For storage, I'd think that putting the fig along with it's accessories in a ziplock bag would work pretty well. When I pack stuff I put the figs in layers and then add those styrofoam peanut things between the layers.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Dokujitsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2004
    Posts
    206
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    1 fig to a ziplock bag? When I got 150-200 figs? lol. I might just put all the acessories in bags.

    I had that kind of idea. A layer of figs, then I would put the acessories from that layer in bags with the later, a layer of packing material. Repeat.

    Thanks bud. Any other suggestions?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 316what's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2003
    Posts
    2,830
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, here's what I just finished doing. Really, not 15 minutes ago, lol.

    For my loose figures, I wrapped the figure in bubble wrap and then put the figure and accessories/base in a ziplock freezer bag. Freezer bags are a little thicker than regular ziplock bags so I figured they'd help cushion them a little more.

    Total tally for my packing: 3 boxes of 175 foot bubblewrap, 1 case of quart ziplocks and 2 cases of gallon ziplocks, 8 x 50 gallon Sterilite containers and about 18-20 boxes. I really hope we don't move for awhile now, lol.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 316what's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2003
    Posts
    2,830
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Dokujitsu:
    1 fig to a ziplock bag? When I got 150-200 figs? lol. I might just put all the acessories in bags.

    I had that kind of idea. A layer of figs, then I would put the acessories from that layer in bags with the later, a layer of packing material. Repeat.

    Thanks bud. Any other suggestions?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You can usually get 3 figures bubblewrapped plus accessories in 1 gallon ziplock bag. Also, by using the bubblewrap and ziplocks it almost eliminated the need for any other cushion material.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •